In this module, we finish up the following tutorial by completing a project: Photoshop for Beginners (PDF, 1.5 MB).
The project is to design a book cover from scratch. You need to utilize what you learned from the previous three modules.
Goals and Outcomes
During this module, students will:
- explore more functions in Adobe Photoshop
- understand how to work with paths and the pen tool in Adobe Photoshop
- gain basic knowledge about how to manage complexity and work smart with Adobe Photoshop.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- use paths & the pen tool
- work with smart objects
- adjust colors and layers
- apply filters
- set blending modes
- set up a document with Adobe Photoshop
- apply 3D paper type effect
- manage complexity and work smart
- create a personal logo
- add type to the design
- save for print in Adobe Photoshop
- save for web in Adobe Photoshop.
- Section 3 (Episodes 24 – 33) from the following online resource:
Photoshop for Beginners (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Download corresponding files: MAC practice files (ZIP, 261 MB), PC practice file (RAR, 242 MB)
(Note: It is highly recommended to download these practice files and open them while viewing the video tutorials. You will remember those techniques better by following the tutorials while using Adobe Photoshop.)
- Chapters 13, 15, and 16 from the following text:
Weinmann, E., & Lourekas, P. (2016). Photoshop CC: visual quickstart guide (2015 release). San Francisco: Peachpit Press.
“To Do” List
- Finish Adobe Photoshop Exercise #3: Self-Introduction Infographic with Adobe Photoshop.
- To submit your work, post URL of your Weebly page to the corresponding link under Submissions inside Moodle before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the following Monday (the first day of Module 6).